Saturday, February 26, 2011

KiD CuDi - Man On The Moon III: Prequel To The Wizard

Its been a while since I have posted...this I know, but I was just compelled to bring you guys some real music this morning!

I'm a HIP HOP fan..like a real hip hop fan, and when I came across this mixtape and began listening to it, I was just blown away...the Artist: Kid Cudi. Rating on the Mixtape scale: 10! Easily.

Since he first came out I was intrigued. Intrigued by his content, his voice and vocals, his delivery, his creativity. Cudi exudes hip hop in my opinion. His raw talent and "I dont give a damn" attitude makes his music all the more relevant in today's hip hop. Underrated?? Definately. I believe a lot of people underestimate the sheer talent this man has. I mean come on...Kanye is a fan of his and I don't think Kanye likes anybody for real if you ask me. He's a tough pill to swallow....this is true, but isn't that all the more reason to be intrigued by him. This certain cloud of mystery looms over his head, and though I have heard many people say "That nigga is weird," the rest of us have embraced his "Man on the Moon" persona. His last album Man on the Moon II: Legend of Mr. Rager was CLASSIC! It was a tale of a man's struggle with demons and the challenges of everyday life. In a period in music where everything is so Pop-ish, it's a breath of fresh air to hear artists like Cudi talk about something tangible and HUMAN.

If in anyway I have peaked your interest...click the link below and prepare to be amazed. I'm telling you. It's worth the download. By the way; the mixtape is 60 songs deep so have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment