Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jimi is a GOD

First let me say Happy Tuesday. Three more days until the weekend!

Anywho...I was on Facebook a day or two ago and my classmate Mike Bean posted some GREAT guitar videos of MY favorite Guitarist, Jimi Hendrix, along with The Roots guitarist "Captain" Kirk Douglas. MAN...what can I say! I am a sucker for the strings. LOL.


I dont know what to say about Jimi. The man is just genius when it comes to the guitar. He single-handedly PAVED the way for artists like Eric Clapton, Captain Kirk and other killer ass guitarists out there today. By the way, another guitarist you should look out for is Orianthi. She was the female guitarist in Michael Jackson's "This Is It" movie. The chick is NICE. seriously.
Here's her link: Orianthi RIPS "This is It"

But back to Jimi...

He knew what the people wanted, even when they tried to tell him to play it safe and that people wouldnt understand his music. He may have been a tad bit high on drugs back then, but his creativity was NEVER clouded. He spoke across the racial barrier and the political unrest of the 60's..might I add he was a style guru too. His jackets and headbands were fly!

Without further ado, thanks to my classmate Bean...here go a couple guitar clips for your entertainment!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment